PCL in General Medicine
KAHS belives that:
- In accord with the national goal of education and the institution's philosophy, the KAHS Certificate Programs courses curriculumn is intended to develop a self reliant and committed health professional and as well as a responsible citizen and a contributing member of the society. Through a systematic process of study and experiences, evidence based knowledge is gained, skills are developed and attitudes are inculcated through providing conducive learning environment. The self directed learning methodology will develop committed nurses as lifelong learners.
- Certificate programs of KAHS develop manpower in Nepal especially for the students residing in remote areas and desiring to serve in rural community is of urgent necessity in order to provide quality health care services through the country as skilled health care professional, capable of rational, analytical and critical thinking can make sound judgment and render health care services with kindness, empathy and compassion
- The community based approach aims to assist all people to have access to health care which is scietifically and technologically sound and economically feasible.
- Community based Teaching Learning takes into consideration the ethnic, the traditional beliefs and existing health practices of people. Involvement of the community is essential in the identification of health care problems:the planning, management and evaluation of health services.
- The health professionals courses conducted by KAHS collaborates not only with members of health care team but also other sectors to help individuals, family groups and community to meet their basic health needs. The goals and activities of other developmental sector of the community should be understood for co-ordinations the efforts to meet the needs of the community in evidence based manner.
- This program will provide the basis for further advanced education in nursing practice, teaching, research and administration.
Objectives of the Certificate Programs
The general purpose of this basic educational program is to prepare a competent and self-reliant health profession, who will be able to care for individuals, group and communities according to the principles of primary health care.
Upon completion of the program the graduate will:
- Utilize a sound knowledge base in giving care to well and sick individuals, families and communities.
- Perform preventive and therapeutic measures directed toward promotion, maintenance and restoration of health.
- Utilize the communication skills effectively with individuals, groups in variety of settings.
- Utilize the modern medical process in providing and improving health care.
- Assume leadership for planning, directing and evaluating care given by health workers.
- Teach and supervise individual, family, groups and community including health care workers.
- Collaborate with multi-sectoral groups to develop a healthful environment, including sefe drinking water, sanitation and other basic needs of the community.
- Mobilize the community to participate in the activities of the grass root health institution.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and respect for cultural values in working to meet needs of the community.
- Continue to seek new knowledge for personal and professional growth.
These overall objectives are used in each year to create specific objectives which guide the learning experiences from simple to complex.
Seats Available (40)
- Full Scholarship :- 20%
- Partial Scholarship :-20%
- Collaborative Scholarship :-20%
- Full Tuition Fee :- 40%
- Candidate must be a Nepali Citizen.
- Candidate who have passed SLC/TSLC/SEE examination or equivalent with minimum grade 'C' in English, Science & Mathematics as principle subjects and have minimum GPA 2 are eligible to apply for certificate in general medicine program or
- All candidates who have passed SLC/SEE/TSLC with English, Science and Mathematics as a principle subjects are eligible to apply for certificate program or
- Candidates, who has completed CMA/ANM after SLC/SEE/TSLC and scored minimum 40% in aggregate with full registration in the related Councils.
Duration of Course
The course of studies leading to Certificate programs degree of Karnali Academy of Health Sciences shall last for a minimum of 3 academic years. The maximum limit of the study period of this course will not be more than 6 years from the date of admission.